Neuschwanstein Castle was commenced by the Bavarian King Ludwig II in 1869 and never completed. He saw it as a monument to medieval culture and kingship, which he revered and wanted to imitate. Built and furnished in medieval styles but equipped with what at the time was the latest technology, it is the most famous work of historicism and the embodiment of German idealism.


The father of Ludwig II, Maximilian II, acquired the nearby Hohenschwangau Castle, seat of the knights of Schwangau in the Middle Ages, and rebuilt it from 1832 in the Gothic style. Here Ludwig, who was born in 1845, developed a passion for the Middle Ages. He learned much about the legends and history of the period from the murals and through avid reading. From 1861 he was decisively influenced by his encounter with the music dramas of Richard Wagner, who heightened the
effect of the medieval sagas with incredibly powerful music. Ludwig first saw »Lohengrin« and »Tannhäuser«. These were followed by »Tristan und Isolde« and »Der Ring des Nibelungen«, and Wagner’s adaptation of the saga of the Grail King Parzival (»Parsifal«), with whom Ludwig II identified in his later years and with whom he was identified by Wagner.
One of the most famous castles in Germany, the Wartburg, had been renovated and refurnished in 1867 and became a direct model for Neuschwanstein. In the 19th century, building in historical styles meant »perfecting« them, also with the help of modern technology and historical studies. As a thoroughgoing idealist, Ludwig II clung to an already completely outdated belief in such perfection.


Ludwig II became king in 1864. Two years later he was forced to accept the defeat and domination of his country by Prussia. No longer a sovereign ruler, he was unable to cope with the role of a constitutional monarch. He created his own alternative world, in which as the reigning king of Bavaria he could live like a king of the Middle Ages or the baroque age of absolutism. This is the idea behind his castles. On a ridge in a magnificent setting high above the Pollät Gorge with the mountains as a backdrop he built his »New Castle« over the remains of two small dieval castles familiar to him since his childhood (Vorderd Hinter-Hohenschwangau). Ludwig II visited the Wartburg in 1867 and had his architect make drawings of the ornamentation. The ideal designs were produced by a scene painter from the Munich court opera house and incorporated motifs not only from the Wartburg, in particular the Palas and building ornamentation, but also from stage sets for »Lohengrin« and »Tannhäuser«. Ludwig II had written in a letter to Richard Wagner in 1868 that his »New Castle« would contain »reminders« of these works. Construction commenced in September 1869, and the Gateway Building was completed in 1873. This was where Ludwig II first lived, who was destined never to see his »New Castle« without scaffolding. In 1884 his rooms in the Palas were ready for occupation. A simplified version of the southern part of the building, the »Bower« was only completed in 1891, and the keep with the chapel was never built.


The main rooms of Neuschwanstein are decorated primarily with murals of scenes from the Germanic and Nordic sagas on which Richard Wagner had based
his works. The programme was designed by t and literary historian Hyazinth Holland. From t outset Ludwig II wanted his »New Castle« to have a larger and more magnificent version of the Wartburg’s »Singers’ Hall« as a monument to the chivalric culture of the Middle Ages. The final result was a combination of the motifs from two Wartburg halls, the »Singers’ Hall« and the »Festival Hall«, which however were not intended for performances or even festivals. The other commemorative room, the Throne Hall, was only added in 1881, when in his later years Ludwig II also wanted a version of the legendary Grail Hall corresponding to the description of medieval poets, in order to glorify Christian kingship. This room is however also a reference to his own dynasty. The room program, the most comprehensive and complicated of the 19th century, was designed by Ludwig II himself, who was well read and interested in many different areas. For structural reasons it had a steel construction like a modern functional building, which was encased in plaster. Each of the adjacent residential rooms is dedicated to a saga. From 1880 a »cabinet« was turned into a small artificial grotto, based on the Venus grotto in »Tannhäuser« with coloured electric lighting and a real waterfall. 

although heavily in debt, Ludwig II always wanted to go on ilding. When the banks threatened to seize his property, the government had him certified insane and
interned him in Berg Palace. Here, on 13 June 1886, he died in Lake Starnberg. His »New Castle«, which
he now thought of not as the Wartburg but as the Grail Castle, and which no outsider was ever allowed to enter, was opened to the public from 1 August 1886. It was only named Neuschwanstein after his death
and is one of the best-known and most frequently visited and photographed buildings in the world.

 Castle Interior Map

 3rd floor

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

1- Lower Hall

2- Throne Hall
neuschwanstein castle interior inside map
3-  Anteroom

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

4- Dining room

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

5- Bedroom

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

6-  Oratory

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map
7-  Dressing room
neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

8-  Salon
neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

9-  Grotto and conservatory

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map
10-  Study

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

12-  Passage 
neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

 4th floor

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

2- Throne Hall

13- Upper Hall 

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map

14 Singers' Hall 

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map


Sieben Wochen nach dem Tod König Ludwigs II. wurde Neuschwanstein im Jahr 1886 dem Publikum geöffnet. Der menschenscheue König hatte die Burg erbaut, um sich aus der Öffentlichkeit zurückzuziehen – jetzt wurde sein Refugium zum Publikumsmagneten. Neuschwanstein gehört heute zu den meistbesuchten Schlössern und Burgen Europas. Rund 1,4 Millionen Menschen jährlich besichtigen "die Burg des Märchenkönigs". Im Sommer drängen sich im Durchschnitt täglich mehr als 6.000 Besucher durch Räume, die für einen einzigen Bewohner bestimmt waren.
Das führt – in Verbindung mit dem alpinen Klima und Licht – zu erheblichen Belastungen für die wertvollen Möbel und Textilien, um deren Erhalt sich die Schlösserverwaltung intensiv bemüht.
Die idyllische Lage von Neuschwanstein ist einmalig. Allerdings müssen Bewegungen im Fundamentbereich ständig überwacht und die steilen Felswände immer wieder gesichert werden. Ebenso greift das raue Klima die Kalkstein-Fassaden stark an, was immer wieder Sanierungsmaßnahmen erfordert.
new swan stone castle wallpaper


Замок Нойшванштайн (нем. Schloß Neuschwanstein [nɔy’ʃvanʃtain], буквально: «Новый лебединый камень (утёс)») — романтический замок баварского короля Людвига II около городка Фюссен и замка Хоэншвангау в юго-западной Баварии, недалеко от австрийской границы. Одно из самых популярных среди туристов мест на юге Германии.

facts, bavaria, tickets, tours, tour, bavarian, mad, king, ludwig, interior, visiting, where,


ノイシュヴァンシュタイン城(ノイシュヴァンシュタインじょう、標準ドイツ語: Schloss Neuschwanstein、アレマン語:Schloss Nuischwanschtui、バイエルン語:Schloss Neischwanstoa)は、ドイツ南部のバイエルン州バイエルン・シュヴァーベン地方にある城である。オストアルゴイ郡フュッセンの東南東方向(直 線距離にて約4km)に位置する。バイエルン王ルートヴィヒ2世によって19世紀に建築された。

現在はロマンチック街道の終点として、人気の観光スポットとなっており、内部を見学することができる。所在地はオーストリア国境に近く、近隣には、ルート ヴィヒ2世が幼少時代を過ごし、彼の父親が所有していたホーエンシュヴァンガウ城がある。ノイシュヴァンシュタインという名は、現在ホーエンシュヴァンガ ウ城のある地にかつてあったシュヴァンシュタイン城にちなみ1890年になってから付けられた名であり(「ノイ (Neu)」は「新しい」の意)、建設当時はノイホーエンシュヴァンガウ城と呼ばれていた。シュヴァンガウは、「白鳥河口」の意味の地名で、ホーエンシュ ヴァンガウは、上シュヴァンガウ村のことである。

Neuschwanstein INSIDE


 新天鹅堡(德语:Schloss Neuschwanstein)全名新天鵝石城堡,是19世紀晚期的建築,位于今天的德國巴伐利亞西南方,鄰近年代較早的高天鹅堡(Schloss Hohenschwangau,又稱舊天鵝堡),距離菲森鎮約4公里,离德國與奧地利邊界不遠。


neuschwanstein castle interior inside map


 El castillo de Neuschwanstein (pronunciación: nɔʏˈʃvaːnʃtaɪ̯n) (en español: Nueva Piedra del Cisne) está situado en el estado federal de Baviera cerca de Füssen, Alemania. Su construcción fue ordenada por Luis II de Baviera, el «rey loco», en 1866. Su nombre original era «Nuevo castillo de Hohenschwangau»1 , en honor del castillo donde el rey pasó gran parte de su infancia. El nombre fue cambiado después de la muerte del rey. Es el edificio más fotografiado en Alemania y uno de los destinos turísticos más populares en ese país con 1,4 millón de visitantes anuales.2

El castillo de Neuschwanstein se construyó en una época en que los castillos y las fortalezas ya no eran necesarios desde el punto de vista estratégico. Nació en la imaginación Luis II como una pura fantasía romántica de un castillo medieval idealizado. El castillo es una composición de torres y muros que pretendía armonizarse con las montañas y los lagos. Está situado sobre el desfiladero de Pöllat en los Alpes Bávaros y se alza sobre el castillo de Hohenschwangau y los lagos Alpsee y Schwan. Combina eclécticamente varios estilos arquitectónicos y su interior alberga múltiples piezas de artesanía no menos fantásticas. Su diseño no es funcional, sino estético, siendo en buena medida el producto de la mente de un escenógrafo teatral. Por dentro, además de continuas referencias a leyendas y personajes medievales como Tristán e Isolda o Fernando el Católico, contiene una completa red de luz eléctrica, el primer teléfono móvil de la historia (con una cobertura de seis metros), una cocina que aprovechaba el calor siguiendo reglas elaboradas por Leonardo da Vinci y vistas a los paisajes de los Alpes Bávaros, incluyendo una cascada que el monarca podía contemplar desde su habitación.

neuschwanstein castle interior inside map


 Le château de Neuschwanstein (/nɔʏˈʃvaːnʃtaɪn/ Prononciation du titre dans sa version originale Écouter) est un château allemand, dressé sur un éperon rocheux haut de 200 mètres, situé près de Füssen dans l'Allgäu. Louis II de Bavière l'a fait construire au XIXe siècle. C'est aujourd'hui le château le plus célèbre d'Allemagne, visité chaque année par des millions de touristes.
Lettre de Louis II à Richard Wagner de Guiguère, 13 mai 1868 :

    « Il est dans mon intention de reconstruire la vieille ruine du château de Hohenschwangau près de la gorge de Pöllat dans le style authentique des vieux châteaux des chevaliers allemands, et je vous confesse que je me languis de vivre ce jour (dans 3 ans) ; il y aura plusieurs salles confortables et chambres d'hôtes avec une vue splendide du noble Säuling, les montagnes du Tyrol et loin à travers la plaine ; vous connaissez l'hôte vénéré que je voudrais voir là ; l'endroit est un des plus beaux qu'on peut trouver, saint et inaccessible, un digne temple pour l'ami divin qui a apporté le salut et la bénédiction au monde. Il vous rappellera également Tannhäuser (Salle des chanteurs avec une vue du château dans le fond), Lohengrin (cour de château, couloir ouvert, chemin vers la chapelle) ; ce château sera de toute manière plus beau et habitable que Hohenschwangau qui est plus loin vers le bas et qui est profané chaque année par la prose de ma mère ; ils auront leur vengeance, les dieux profanés, et viendront vivre avec nous sur les hauteurs élevées, respirant l'air du ciel. »

En 1867, lors d’un voyage en France, Louis II visita le château de Pierrefonds. L’idée de mélanger ce style architectural néo-gothique à celui, médiéval, de la Wartburg en Thuringe donna un résultat flamboyant.

Neuschwanstein fut construit sur l'emplacement de deux anciens châteaux-forts, Vorderhohenschwangau et Hinterhohenschwangau. Pour pouvoir élever le château de ses rêves, Louis II fit dynamiter la montagne afin d'abaisser de 8 mètres le socle des anciens châteaux. Ce n'est qu'après la construction de la route et de l'installation de l'eau courante que la première pierre fut posée, le 5 septembre 1869. Les travaux furent dirigés par l'architecte Eduard Riedel et décorés par Christian Jank, un décorateur de théâtre. La construction du « nouveau rocher du cygne » (traduction de Neuschwanstein) a nécessité 465 tonnes de marbre et 400 000 briques. En 1884, Louis II s'établit dans le palais. Deux années plus tard, après sa mort mystérieuse, le château fut ouvert au public, bien qu'il ne fût pas encore terminé.

Le projet initial de Louis II et Riedel était plus ambitieux, mais l'État bavarois décida de ne pas poursuivre les travaux à la mort du roi.

1 comment:

  1. they earn 36 million a year approx.
    but they still can't get a bus to the castle to retrieve paying guests back down from the castle!